You'd think wine and a sunset couldn't be improved upon but you'd be wrong. An extra element has been added to the mix to make it even better. Learn about winemaking, hike through the valleys, visit vineyards and sip some local wines in Cappadocia.
If you’re after a sunset to remember, then you simply can’t miss this Cappadocia tour. Combine fine Turkish wine, a walk through the stunning Red Valley and a sunset overlooking the fairy chimneys dotting the scene for a Cappadocia city tour worth joining. After being collected from your hotel, you’ll drive outside the city to pay a visit to one of Cappadocia’s most famous local wineries.
On this Cappadocia wine tour, you’ll learn all about local wine production, which has been in operation for around 4,000 years, as you sample some of the wares. Taste the differences between the wines, which are stored in containers in the nearby caves, rather than wooden barrels. Pick-up a bottle of your favorite wine and some cheese and olives from a local market to enjoy over the sunset.
As you continue to tour Cappadocia, set off on a 1-hour hike that takes in both the Rose and Red Valleys. Pass by Byzantine rock tombs, cave churches and the many unique rock formations that litter the valley’s floor. Return to Kizilcukur as the sun begins to hang heavy in the sky and pop your wine to share while watching the dramatic sunset. Enjoy a Turkish snack, snap a few photographs and take time to just soak up the sheer beauty of one of the best sunsets in the world. Once the sun sets over this magical scene, you’ll leave the valley behind and head back to your accommodation, where you may well be dreaming of that sunset all night long.
Know before you go
• Since the sunset times are changing day by day, the tour departure time may also change. Travelers will be notified for the exact pick-up and return time after the booking is made
• Small group of a maximum of 12 persons
• This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Visit to a winery
- 3 to 4 local wine samples and local snacks
What’s Not Included
- Additional wine and snacks at the sunset venue
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips and gratuities for your local guide